- Leadership and Accountability – developing our leaders so they can drive improvements across the business. We do what we say
- Risk Management – focusing on our critical risks and having robust systems in place to ensure the risks we face are being appropriately controlled and managed
- Communication and Engagement – ensure we actively engage with our stakeholders, internal and external
- Systems and Processes – developing systems and tools that are tailored to the work that we perform and have the end user in mind
- Competence and Capability – continue to upskill and develop our crews so they are confident and competent to safety undertake their duties
- Quality and Reliability – embed the philosophy of “do it right, do it once” – we recognise that the quality of our work is linked to our broader safety performance
- Legal Obligations and Compliance – ensuring that compliance is the minimum standard we aim for
Many of our managers and supervisors are currently enrolled in formal Frontline Leadership training which will give them the skills to drive the numerous initiatives which underpin the Switch on to Safety strategy. Datatel‘s safety system is certified against AS/NZS 4801 and we are currently progressing with ISO14001 certification (for Environmental Management) and ISO 9001 certification (Quality Management).
AZ/NZS 4801 / OHSAS18001 Certification
AS/NZS 4801 is an Australian and New Zealand standard and OHSAS 18001 is an international standard. They both outline strict requirements related to Health and Safety Management Systems. Both of these certifications clearly demonstrate that an organisation has knowledge of, and control over, all relevant hazards that may exist as a result of operations or abnormal conditions. These certifications also demonstrate a strong commitment to ongoing improvement of safety performance.
At Datatel we deliver high quality work and offer our customers peace of mind by having electrical safety norms of the highest standards.